Thursday, February 26, 2009

Great Blue Heron Painting-update


Click image to see full view.

I was able to complete the background today and work a bit more on the bird.

A lesson learned today is to invest in some finger cots as I literaly burned my finger raw from rubbing the sandpaper while doing the background (and even started to bleed). With the finger cots on, I will resist the urge to blend using my finger while also keeping them clean. Now I have to figure out how I am going to blend the pastel to achieve that soft look....

2 comments:

  1. I wondered what you were going to do for the background, this looks great! Yikes, you're working your fingers to the bone, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathleen for your comments. I love blending with my finger as it is the only way I've discovered to acheive the effect I want...but I guess I overdid it today!

    ReplyDelete