Monday, December 6, 2010

Painting tiny figures!


Before continuing this painting, I felt I had to start adding the human figures standing on the rocks and swinging from the rope. Since each figure measures only about 1.5 to 2 inches, I knew it would be challenging to paint using pastels!! And so I started with the boy swinging from the rope...he seemed the easiest subject to paint given the fact his face is hidden behind his arm. There's something about drawing small faces that I dislike...probably because I can't add much detail and because the scale is so small, that one can easily mess it up. But then it is probably more likely because of my lack of experience and enthusiasm!!

Once I had completed the boy on the rope to my satisfaction, hence build my confidence a little, I moved to the girl on the rock...I worked a good half hour on that small figure until I decide it was best to step back and leave it for a bit. I'm unsure if I will be touching it up or not. Before calling it quits for the night though, I painted more rocks and water to encourage me to continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment