Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Change of pace

It seems my eagle portrait will have to take the back seat for a while due to an unexpected commission; probably just as well because I was getting very frustrated with it today and it almost was shredded and dumped in the garbage bin.

On a brighter note, I added the finishing touches and scanned the Appaloosa portrait since it was approved by the client. I share with you the final version of the horse in pastel.

Appaloosa Horse Painting in Pastel by Colette Theriault
"Bally"~Appaloosa Horse Portrait
pastel on suede
18"x14"
To view the progression of this painting please visit my website here:
In my next post will feature the beginings of another dog portrait; this time using graphite pencils enhanced with color. I love the pose the client chose and I sense it will be a reall "winner" portrait due to her cute looks! Stay tunned!!

2 comments: