Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dog Portrait update

I would like to thank all who commented and followed the progress of this dog painting. Your kind words, guidance and encouragement helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel so-to-speak.
 
While painting each dog presented it's own challenges, I at times felt that I would never be satisfied with the piece. But now, I  have finally reached a point where I can breathe normally again as I feel a sense of exhilaration knowing that the painting will shortly by completed and handed over to the client. Nothing truly beats seeing the expression on their face as they view their portrait in real life for the first time...
 
dog portrait commission painting in progress

2 comments:

  1. That Eureka moment when the picture comes out of its 'ugly stage' .... wonderful when it happens isn't it?

    We all had faith. Never seen anything but beautiful work from you Colette, but I think we're our own worst critics and it always helps to have encouragement along the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is coming along so beautifully, Colette. I can see the border collie in the black dog. Your work is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete