Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A New Painting of the Amphibious Kind!

You'd think after working five paintings with predominating green foliage that I'd start a piece that would involve a totally different color scheme! Maybe it is a sign that I miss the abundance of green vegetation and can't wait till spring as we've had our share of the white stuff this winter.

This little fella I rescued during a hot scorching day from under a wooden crate in a busy paved parking lot.  I brought him home in a paper cup and before releasing him beside the garden pond in my back yard, I coaxed him to pose for me amongst the lush greenery of the ferns.  He stayed around the home for a month or more, singing his LOUD trill-like call every now and then, day or night. The neighbours were wondering what the heck was making all that noise...


Amphibian Painting in pastel by wildlife artist Colette Theriault

No comments:

Post a Comment