Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Winter bird painting on the easel

With winter fast approaching, I am inspired to paint a snow scene. I've always wanted to paint a cardinal and so he is my next subject to be featured on paper. I am using pastels and Wallis sandpaper for this piece and it will measure roughly 3"x5" when done or, perhaps a bit larger.  It is not always easy to create the feather detail on that scale...the image shown is bigger than actual.

northern cardinal bird painting on the easel

3 comments:

  1. This is coming along beautifully, Colette! The perfect Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifull chrystma card Colette,y just prepare a chrystmas calendar.Salutations from Catalonia!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your kind comments Hilda and Marc! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete