Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Painting in pastel of black capped chickadee and golden aspen in autumn.

I am thrilled beyond thrilled that this fresh new painting of 2016 sold, and before it was ever completed! Since I've  had multiple inquiries about purchasing this chickadee painting, I fully intend on producing limited edition giclee prints so that others can enjoy it as well. And of course, more bird paintings to come in the future!

Photographs of original artwork never do them justice and this one is no exception. I still have to scan and tweak a digital copy to match the original as close as possible but this photo gives you a good idea of the warm soft glowing light shinning through the heart-shaped aspen leaves. So, I aptly named this artwork "Heartwarmer"; I hope you like it! Feel free to share if you like my work! Thanks so much!!

SOLD

"Heartwarmer"
Black-caped chickadee in trembling poplar
approx 8x10
pastel
Private Collection
More work available on my website gallery www.colettetheriault.com

No comments:

Post a Comment