After much contemplation, I decided that I needed to re-work the feathers near the wing tip of the top bird as they just didn't look right. I added some of the smaller feathers that make up the wing, which seemed to be lacking on the last post. I believe this to be a direct result of my bad ref. photo.
At the moment, it is hard for me to sit back and enjoy this painting, perhaps because so much effort (and frustration) has gone into it. Maybe once it is displayed in a frame and hangs on a wall for a while I will grow fond of it again.
Title: "Pretty in Pink"-Roseate Spoonbills
Medium: pastel on sandpaper
size: 9" x 15"