Sunday, January 2, 2011

A little more progress...


The progress on this bird painting seems to be much slower in the studio today as I am trying to capture the shadowing and correct coloration on the body. Perhaps due to my body being sluggish after a night of celebrating on New Year's Eve despite still having the remnants of a head cold. All that histamine rushing in my bood kept me awake for most of the night which probably did not help! A few nights' rest and I'll be back to normal.

I still have a bit more defining and touch ups to do to the body and wings before I get to start adding the rest of the beautiful feathery plumes.

8 comments:

  1. I hope your cold gets better soon Colette. despite the cold this bird is looking brilliant.
    The highlights and shadows are wonderful.
    I hope to become as professional an artists as you one day. I keep working hard towards my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so kindly Dors! I think as artists we always strive perfection and self improvement regarless of why we paint and draw. Some do it for fun or as a hobby and others do it as a job or profession. Regarless, it is within ourselves to grow and flourish as artists and your dedication and talent is clearly evident in each piece you do Dors! Hope this year will bring out the best in all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi
    hope you get well soon. The painting are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Colette! Hoping you are feeling better soon, I saw the new year in with a bad cold as well so I sympathise! All the best for 2011 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling better Colette. This painting is absolutely perfect. The dark background makes the bird pop..so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Tracy, Lene and Hilda for all your well wishes and kind comments!! It really warms my heart and I truly appreciate it. Had a rough day with a nauseating migraine but tomorrow will be a better day! Hope you feel better too Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking fantastic already Colette. I love how the light penetrates the feathers on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate your comments Ivana, thank you!

    ReplyDelete