Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Maple Bush Landscape Painting

This special request was a rather large painting I completed for a client. I don't normally take on commissions of this type but felt it was time to push the limits of my comfort zone and explore something other than animals and wildlife.

The reference photos used for this painting came from my own collection (main scene) as well as from the client (gentleman). The painting is a gift to commemorate the life of a special father and grandfather who enjoyed spending time at the maple bush.

Landscape Paintings in Pastel by Award Winning Canadian Artist Colette Theriault
"Sweet Memories"
pastel
23"x16"
 


2 comments:

  1. Well done, especially for working outside your comfort zone. Took me a while to spot the man leaning against the tree.
    Lovely gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scene, Colette!! Yes, so different from your norm..I love the man standing against the tree and enjoying the peacefulness of the moment. Excellent piece.

    ReplyDelete