Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Canadian Parliament Building Ottawa Drawing update


I last worked on this piece before Christmas. Now that my daughter has started her night classes again, I have some time to devote to finish this drawing while I wait for her. The teacher was kind enough to let me work in a spacious lounge which has bright lighting and several large tables. Probably another 6-8 hours or so of work left before I am able to frame and hang this one. The tiny details on the building take forever and are getting hard on my eyes!!

3 comments:

  1. I have seen this building Collette when we visited Canada 5 yrs ago.
    It's nice to recognise it.

    Great job wow all the detail. I will really look forward to seeing the finished work.
    lovely work Colette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Doreen! I still have to find a good ref photo for my birds up on top right corner of the archway but I'll keep that for last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, Colette. I'm painting parts of buildings myself and I'm always surprised how the most ordinary view is transformed through the use of our brushes and pencils!

    ReplyDelete