Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sparrow painting update

Before continuing on the tree trunk bark, I decided it was best to finish working the background and redrawing the bird so that it is now larger.  I like this so much better as the bird's size looks more proportionate with the barbed wire.

I may end up cropping the painting differently because I notice the larger bird is now too centred.
Several options include further cropping out the right hand side to move the bird out of centre or making the paining square format by cropping out some of both sides....we'll see!

Sparrow bird on a wire painting by Colette Theriault


Sparrow bird painting in pastel by Wildlife artist Colette Theriault, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT! its really coming along so beautifully, Colette.

    ReplyDelete