Monday, November 2, 2015

Pastel Painting of Shetland Sheepdog Portrait Commission

What's not to love about Shelties? Although their long and luscious coat can be rather challenging to render, they are one of my favorite dog breeds to paint.

This portrait unfortunately had to sit on the back burner for longer than I would have liked but it is now finally completed and has been approved by the very patient owners! This Sheltie will be heading home very shortly :)



Pet Portrait of "Ozz"
pastel
11"x14"
commission

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Colette! I can "feel" the softness of this Sheltie.....they will absolutely love this portrait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilda that is what I was trying to achieve; thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worth waiting for! Such a beautiful portrait, I'm sure the owner is thrilled Colette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting Sue. Sue, I am so fortunate to have understanding clients. Ozz is on his way home today!

    ReplyDelete