Friday, February 23, 2018

Tortoiseshell Cat Pet Portrait Pastel Painting Commission

When I was contacted to commission this cat's portrait, I was sent several photographs and asked to choose the best ones. I then created two mock ups so the client could decided on a pose. They loved the two poses so much and so decided to get both done! 

This is the second commissioned artwork featuring the gorgeous "Two Face". You can see her full body pose here in a previous post.


For this piece, I used mainly soft pastel pencils along with a bit of NuPastels (mostly the black as it is one of the deepest blacks that I can find in a pastel). I did  a lot of layering and fine detailing but it was well worth the effort in the end as I am very pleased with the results.  I love this pose so much that it will be featured on my next business cards. 

I am told that Two Face has a rebellious side.. like a naughty teenager! She's quite the colorful character, both in physical appearance and in spirit! Here she is:

'Two Face"
Long haired tortoiseshell cat
Pastel
8"x10" 
Sold

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the full body portrait also.
    your clients must have been thrilled with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like her Sue, thanks so very much!

    ReplyDelete