Thursday, December 13, 2018

Art in Camera - Celebrating Ontario Artists | Legislative Assembly of Ontario

Last spring, I was invited by Artists on Elgin to submit artwork for consideration to be part of a six month long exhibit at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario "In Camera" dinning room.  My piece "Contemplation" was accepted along with nine other works from local northern artists. As the exhibit was rolling to an end in December 2018, I was contacted by a private client who expressed interest in purchasing the feline drawing.

What a pleasant surprise when I learned today that the sale was finalized and my artwork has found its forever home!

"Contemplation" has won several awards, namely,  Best of Show and People's Choice at Cavalcade of Colours Show, 1st place Drawing at La Cloche Juried Art Show and The People's Choice Award at the SAC Exhibit. It was also part of my "Drawn to Nature" 2017 solo exhibit at Artists on Elgin. You can view a video of the exhibit on my youtube channel here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUPaIl6l-0

"Contemplation"
Black/white cat drawing
Charcoal, graphite and cp
25"x11"

No comments:

Post a Comment