Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cat portrait update

I plan on finishing this Persian cat portrait today as there is not much left to do; fill in the rest of that bushy tail and front paws and the side of the chair.

This scan of the pastel painting has been color adjusted to match as close as possible the original. However, the contrast is more difficult to match probably because the pastel dust particles have reflective properties and the intensity can change depending on the direction of the light.

cat portrait in pastel by Colette Theriault

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Colette. What a wonderful model!

    I'm pleased to know I'm not the only one who struggles to get decent scans/photos of my artwork. I sometimes feel I spend longer trying to 'tweak' the colours/levels/contrast than I do actually drawing/painting the portrait.

    ReplyDelete