Monday, November 26, 2012

Soft Pastel on Sandpaper Workshop

Last weekend, I presented a 2-day workshop for members of the Rayside Balfour Whitewater Lake Brush and Palette Art Club. During the workshop, I demonstrated the techniques that I use for creating my pastel portraits with sandpaper as the support. Judging from their facial expression, I presume they were quite happy with their results.

Soft Pastel Techniques on Sandpaper Workshop by Colette Theriault Pet Portrait Artist

 I was told that the participants enjoyed themselves so much that they requested I return early next year to teach them how to work pastel on suede and velour papers! I am delighted that my workshops encourage other artists to give pastel a try.... and it seems I have many of them hooked on the medium and thirsty to learn more about this versatile and enduring medium.

Keep on Painting!

Colette

2 comments:

  1. My Mom always taught me that "jealousy" is ugly...Well, I really feel ugly right now! I would have done anything to join in this workshop. You live a "bit" far from me but if you ever do a video, please let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take that as an extreme compliment Hilda! Maybe one day I'll have time to make a video or podcast/online virtual workshop! Now, that's an idea!!

    ReplyDelete