Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Painting update of the little winged jewel!

Although I was not able to continue working on my painting today, I thought I should share what I completed last night. The lower border of the wings are edged in black and riddled in several rows of white dots which will require my utmost concentration in order to follow the pattern correctly.

Thanks for following and I watch for the finished painting in my next update!

Progress of monarch butterfly painting in progress by Colette Theriault

4 comments:

  1. Today I covered the metamorphosis. I'll be posting adult Monarchs tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intresting,monarch butterfly Colette,every year there are some vagrants in Catalonia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is coming along so beautifully, Colette...what is the size of this painting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting Maria, Marc and Hida!
    The size is 4"x6"

    ReplyDelete