Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Progress on nuthatch bird paintings

I am quite enjoying painting these adorable little fellas! This is the first time I paint two pieces at once; I work a bit on one bird and before it progresses too far, I switch to the other bird until I've reached a point similar to the first while working the corresponding area on each bird. From my last post, you can see that I started with the background, and then progressed to the birds' heads. This way, I will see both birds emerge at the same time.

Nuthatches are lively, curious little birds, akin to the black capped chickadee.

3 comments:

  1. These are coming along nicely Colette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see already how beautiful this is going to be, Colette! Nice colors and I like bird's pose...I'm looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carol and Hilda!! These seem to just come flowing out so easily which feels great...
    Carol, do you recognize the downward bird? I've changed the species but kept the other elements the same.

    ReplyDelete